June is here. It's that glorious time of year when the cold rains of the Pacific Northwest spring are slowly replaced by the much warmer rains of summer. Yes, this is that season we affecionately refer to "June-uary."
We spent the latter part of May on tour and had a wonderful time. Tucked away among our shows through Oregon and California, was a stop in Crescent City where we had the honor of playing the reception for the union of two remarkable people, both of whom just happen to be attack pilots. U.S. Army Captain Michelle is an Apache helicopter pilot, and U.S. Air Force Captain Aaron is an A-10 pilot. Whoever said the different branches of the military couldn't get along? The joint mission these two war veterans have embarked upon seems to be off to a magnificent start. The UM's wish Capt. & Capt. all the best! These are great people who have performed a great service and held an event that was great fun!
Upon our return we discovered that our CD Pavement and Pathways had been nominated for the "Best of Portland Awards" which was a very nice surprise. We are #1 locally, nationally and globally on the "Fan Driven" RN bluegrass charts where we sit nestled with Rhonda Vincent, Daily and Vincent, and so many others
We are on the Fireball Mail Top 10 Sizzling Bluegrass Singles Chart for May.
4. Carolina Chocolate Drops- Country Girl
8. Junior Sisk- A Far Cry From Lester and Earl
We have many DJ's to thank for having us in their shows. We find this out when playlists are mailed to us, or like when a fan recently joined us at RN saying they heard us on WAMU and tracked us down, or sometimes we just find stuff on the net. We are grateful to those DJ's and are honored to be a part of their shows.
This is the first 10 of the Top 20 Bluegrass Chart at Stanford University.
- CAROLINA CHOCOLATE DROPS (Nonesuch)
- PUNCH BROTHERS (Nonesuch)
- ULISSE, DONNA (Hadley Music Group)
- INFAMOUS STRINGDUSTERS (Sugarhill)
- FLINNER, MATT TRIO Winter Harvest (Compass)
- TRUCKSTOP HONEYMOON Steamboat In A Cornfield (Squirrel)
- JOHNSON, MERL Better Man (Patuxent)
- URBAN MONROES Pavement And Pathways (Mountain Sky Media)
- CLOSE KIN A Reunion Of Bluegrass And Old-Time Music (Mountain Roads)
- SNYDER FAMILY BAND Stages (Mountain Roads)
1. Where is My Salor Boy-Monroes Brothers
2. Milk Dow Blues -Doc Watson
3. Still in Love With Me-Paul Sanchez
4. Black Hole-Urban Monroes
5. Grass Angels-Daughters of Bluegrass
6. My Little Woman You're so Sweet-Doc Watson
7. Land of the Navajo-Peter Rowan
8. Bringing Mary Home -Country Gentlenmen
9. I just Got Wise-Ralph Stanley
10. I'll Take the Blame-Ralph Stanley
We added Lincoln City Performing Arts Center, University of Idaho, Eastside Bluegrass Concert Series, and Powers Auditorium to our schedule